Freelancer. Author. Speaker. Analyst.
Welcome to your home for all writing needs. I writing for fun, business and you. Yes you. Reach out: olabarnes@gmail.com
Have you also ever had to wonder how some people survive being friends, relatives, acquaintances or even doing business with certain kind of people? If yes, then I’m relieved, that makes two of us. God! Some people are just impossible. Give them a job to do, they will give you assurances like non other, only for you to turn your back to go and that is the end of everything. They promise to deliver jobs at so and so time, and they probably even swear on their mother’s grave, check them out at the arranged time, you’ll be pretty surprised. Pay them for services and after they have collected the money that is the end of the job. They’ll never deliver. Agree to meet with them at a particular time, when the time comes, you are the only one that shows up. They never call to tell you they are going to be late or would not come, and worse still, they see nothing wrong with their actions. Impossible people! They are everywhere. They rate very low on the reliability meter. You find ...
HELLO SOUTH AFRICA I sympathize with you. I sympathize that in this age and time, your mind can be so debased and reprobate enough as to allow you descend to the level that you did recently with your xenophobic attacks on other Africans living in your country. I sympathize with you, not because you got angry, we all do, but that your anger was largely undefined. I sympathize with you that wrapped around your neck is the gloom of apartheid we all thought we supported you to overcome. I sympathize with you that you easily forgot the help that other countries render to you in your time of need, just because of a little unease and discomfort that you feel. Need I remind you the role that Nigeria as well as other African brothers played in redeeming you from the hands of your captors? I sympathize with you that you have time and time again shown that, through these attacks you are showing of what stuff you are truly made. I would have kept quiet and expect that thi...
The choice of Nigeria’s next president is a huge decision that faces all Nigerians 18 years and above in the face. 2019, unlike previous election years, is drama-filled. The consciousness of the average Nigerian – whether of voting age or not is fever-pitch high, due to the consistent heating and over-heating of the polity, the various actions of the political gladiators, the current economic reality vis-à-vis the expectations of Nigerians at the inception of the current administration, amidst other factors that may not be unrelated to sentiments – religion and region. 2019 will indeed be an interesting year for voting Nigerians. And Aah! The carpeting and cross-carpeting from the sweeping broom to under the umbrella, and so on. Suffice to say that most Nigerians know those whom they won’t vote for. They may not know yet and may not be convinced about whom they will vote for, but they know what they are tired of and don’t want a repeat of. That makes the choice in 2...
Comments
Post a Comment